Golden Child?

It started when Samantha was about two days old, the nurses in the hospital kept telling us how we should feel very fortunate to have a baby with such a good temperament.  Overall, she has been a good sleeper, a good eater and very kind.  People are frequently reminding us of how lucky we are to have a special, easy going child and trust me, we get it.

I wish we could take credit for many of the things she does so easily but the truth of the matter is that I think much of it is plain old luck.  Potty training has been a perfect example.  Now, I will say that my mom began potty training in September and Samantha was not at all interested.   We decided to take a break and begin again.  This time, she was just potty trained.  Sure, we read books and prepared; we made a big deal when she was successful.  But when it came down to it, we didn't do much at all.  It has been a few weeks, and I can count on one hand the number of accidents she has had.  No big deal.

We keep debating if our luck is up with baby #2.  I do think it is funny because right from the beginning, people want to take a mean twist on it.  When Samantha was a few weeks old,  a neighbor told us "You know what they say....great baby means a horrible teenager!" As Carina kicks and moves like a little maniac inside me, everyone says "This is going to be your wild one".  Why can't I have two golden children? 

4 comments:

grandma ava said...

I'm rooting for golden hair and dimples.

Great Ma said...

Oh Ava, You're a mess. I think she will look just like Samantha and be a golden child, just like her.
Probably better. I'm getting so anxious for my girl 15. I can't wait to see her!

Kristi said...

I think you can! Why not? We got one active, curious, energetic boy. And then God gave us two. :)

April said...

People have said the same thing to me. Audrey is pretty easy going, and has always been a really good sleeper, and Lorelei was a wild girl in the womb, so everyone said she would be my crazy one. I know that she is only a month old, but so far she is super mellow, and a really good sleeper. The only challenge we have run into, is that now that Lorelei is here, Audrey is acting out a little, I'm convinced it will be a short lived phase though!