Meaning: Beloved

We have settled on a name for our new little girl.  I know some of you like surprises but since I don't, you all get to know. You may recognize the name as it has been the inspiration for a few songs, such as:



and:



The meaning is beloved and I think that is especially fitting for this baby.  We are going use the spelling of our dear friend from high school Carina.  Her middle name will be Jean, after Dave's grandma Carol Jean, my Dad's brother Gene Erger and my baby sister Madeline Gene.

3 comments:

April said...

That's a beautiful name! We can't wait to meet her.

Great Ma said...

Carly, Somehow I missed seeing this. I do love the name Carina. On our dance lessons night, we dance sometimes to a Corina tape. I'm going to find out who it's by and buy it. Love you much, Grandma

Great Ma said...

Carly, the tape "Corina" that we dance to is by Brooks & Dunn. I going to buy it so I can play it in my car. Love you much, Grandma