Spacy, Clumsy and Sick

You know the saying - If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.  That's really why I haven't written lately, I have had a rough couple of weeks.  This baby has taken over my entire body, even my brain.  I am out of breath all the time, I run into things and when I walk down the hall at work, people literally laugh out loud at me because I'm so huge.  

Every morning before we leave the house I take my assortment of prenatal vitamins and then let Samantha pick her Flinstones vitamin for the day.  Last week, without realizing it, instead of giving her the Flinstones container, I gave her my high dosed iron bottle.   As she was gagging up iron, I was having a severe panic attack that I had poisoned her, calling in tears to the doctor.  I couldn't even say that my mischievous two year old had gotten into the wrong bottle, I had to admit that her idiot mother handed the wrong pills right to her. 

To top things off, this week I came down with a horrible sinus infection, making it nearly impossible to breath or sleep.  As I wandered around the house in the middle of the night, I did think that being really sick while 8.5 months pregnant must be better than being really sick with a newborn baby.  Now, I just need to hurry up and get better before Carina makes her debut. 

1 comment:

Great Ma said...

Oh my, Carly, I so hate it when you're sick. But you will be feeling great when Carina gets here. Don't give another thought about Sammy taking the iron. If that's the worst thing you do, you'll be lucky. And shame on your co-workers for laughing at you. That hurts my feelings. I think about you all the time. I'm so anxious & excited for Carina's debut. Love you much, Grandma