Sick and Tired

This will be quick because I've got my hands full! Both of my babies are sick just before a big trip we have planned to Mexico which has just about driven me to a complete meltdown.  Thanks to my mom's help, I've been going to yoga class almost every day which has helped to keep me calm and I *think* everything may work out.

Last Monday Samantha started to cough and was very congested.  After taking her to the doctor we found out she had RSV which is not terribly serious unless an infant gets it.  She had bronchiolitis caused by RSV and a terrible cough.  We did our best to keep the girls separated and the house disinfected but the following Monday night Carina began to cough as well.

Yesterday Carina had her two month check up and unfortunately tested positive for RSV as well.  The doctor did not want to risk giving her the immunizations because they could make her worse.  And he was hopeful that we could still go to Mexico if she doesn't get worse but we just have to wait and see.  If her breathing worsens he advised not taking her anywhere because he said we would just be getting off the plane to take her to the hospital to be on oxygen.  Fingers crossed that we will be able to go on this trip to celebrate the 60th birthdays of my in laws.  

In other news, we have another growing baby and even though she isn't feeling well she smiled at everyone at the doctor even the people who took her lab tests which was endearing.  She is a sweetheart.  Carina's stats are:
Height: 22 1/4 inches - 75 percentile
Weight: 10 pounds 9 ounces - 50 percentile
Head Circ: 15 1/2 inches - 75 percentile

No comments: