Snuggles and Smiles

It is incredible to me how this early on, there are distinct differences between Samantha and Carina.  Of course I know that every child has their own personality but it is interesting to see them shine in my own children. 

My mom always tells the story of me as a baby fussing and she went into the other room put me down and I stopped crying.  My Aunt Paula asked what she did and my mom said she just put me down.  I cried to be left alone.  This is the story of my life ;)

When Samantha was born she snuggled right up on my chest and held on tight.  Even the nurses commented on how snuggly she was.  She wanted to be close all the time.  My father in law joked that she took so long to crawl because nobody ever put her down, but how could you when she was so cozy when you held her.  Carina on the other hand seems to take after her mom.  On the rare occasions that she cries, I've found that she just wants to be put in her swing.  I feel guilty not to be holding her all the time but often when I try, she wants her space.  When you put her on your chest to snuggle up, instead of nestling in, she pushes her head up to see where she can be put down.

Samantha is a serious kid.  Even as a tiny baby she had a bit of scowl and seemed to be trying to figure it all out. Of course she is a happy child and has fun but she certainly isn't the kid who is the chatting with new people and laughing at the park.  I looked in her baby book and I didn't record a smile until she was 6 weeks old.  Carina on the other hand was giving us big smiles in the hospital.  She is showing me those adorable dimples in the middle of the night when she is getting a diaper change, when she's getting a bath and really any time I tell her hello.  It will be interesting to watch to see if her happy disposition continues.  

I'm hoping the two girls will be able to help each other cuddle up and smile more. And for that matter, I hope they respect each others' space and seriousness as well.  I'll leave you this Friday with one of those smiles I'm talking about, have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Great Ma said...

When I saw Carina's smile, I clapped my hands-"Oh, how cute she is and such a happy baby. I'm so happy you're enjoying your little daughters. They are precious. Love you much, Grandma

April said...

she is a cutie!

abacher said...

Look at her! She is so sweet!