Balance

I've had a lot on my mind lately but not a whole lot of time to write.  I am preparing to go back to work and while there are often times I am really excited to get back to parts of my job, I keep thinking that I am just figuring out how to mother two unique and wonderful kids - now I am going to be the mom of two little kids and a full time employee. 

About a year ago I wrote a blog post about the Four Burners Theory and I am constantly trying to work out in my mind how to get in all the areas of my life that help make me whole.  Forget four, I have a lot of burners that are important to me. 
  1. Quality time with my kids and husband 
  2. Meaningful relationships with friends and family
  3. Being an excellent employee
  4. Exercise
  5. Getting adequate sleep/rest
  6. God, spirituality, reflection, church
  7. Reading, learning
  8. Giving back, community service
I certainly don't have any answers on how to do it all.  I do believe that while you have children under the age of 5, there are simply some things that drop of the list. I think I need to pick my top four to burn up and do my best to balance or perhaps it is all 8 with less focus for each?  And, I suppose Carina is helping me prioritize by cutting out that sleep piece!

No comments: