Finding the Lessons

Thanks to all of you who have written, called, texted, etc.  We have such a wonderful support system in our lives.  We are doing well, looking forward to getting Samantha started with her speech therapy.  Yes, I had mixed emotions in the beginning.  You know I am a sucker to feeling guilty as it is, it is hard not to blame myself for any delay she is having.

But, it is a good lesson for me in many ways.  First, as a parent, you can't control every milestone or situation that your child goes through.  You do your best and support your children.  Next, no child can be perfect at everything.  There is a fine line between encouraging your child and being a control freak.  She needs some extra help on something, not a big deal.  The last thing I have learned is to keep it all in perspective.  This is a minor hiccup, nothing serious.  Samantha is a happy, healthy, intelligent and beautiful child.  She lights up every day for us.  And, as my Grandma says, every girl in our family has gotten into trouble at school for talking too much, eventually I'm sure I'll be wondering why I was in such a rush to get Samantha talking more!  

We went to a very fun birthday party yesterday for Samantha's friend Audrey who turned two.  Samantha ate pizza, played in the sandbox, ran around and even made some new friends.  You can see her here playing with a new friend and eating pizza with her boyfriend Norm.

1 comment:

GrandmaG said...

I can't wait until Samantha gets in trouble at school for talking. :) It looks like she is going to be like her parents--she will have lots of friends. And she is so precious and sweet just like her mother and grandmothers. Love you much, Grandma