Forgot to Mention...

I realized it has been 6 weeks and I haven't written anything about my most blogged about topic - breastfeeding! While having two kids is double the work, there are many things that are much easier the second time around and first and foremost is breastfeeding.  You may remember that I was determined to breastfeed Samantha and had a very rough start. To be honest, I think it was close to 8 weeks that were really painful for me before we got the hang of things.  Then, because of the many benefits and because I enjoyed the connection so much, I continued breastfeeding until Samantha was about 14 months.

In the hospital, one of the nurses asked me how long I breastfed my first child and without thinking I proclaimed "Forever! Well, not forever by Boulder standards".  She and another nurse laughed and then they both proceeded to explain that they had nursed their kids until they were 2 and 3, ha! 

I don't think people talk enough about the the ups and downs of breastfeeding and I'm always trying to encourage people to stick with it.  After a few weeks with Carina, we had things down.  She is a great eater and I know it helps that I'm not so anxious about it, there is much less doubt about what I'm doing and I know how convenient it is and what a great bonding experience it provides.  Plus, Carina even takes a bottle now like a champ so I can have a little time away too.

No comments: