Girl #19

I tried to warn Dave but he didn't believe me. In my family, we don't have boys. In fact, on my mom's side of the family, we have not had a male born since my Papa who turned 72 in January. I know, I know, it is the male that determines the sex of the baby. My Papa says he has a bunch of girls in his family that pick guys that can't create boys.

Samantha will be the 19th consecutive girl. That's right, my Papa had an older brother and each of them only had girls. So, my mom has two sisters, who have had daughters and those daughters (my cousins) have continued having girl only families. My cousin Jeanine is due about two weeks before me and she found out at her ultrasound that she will be having another girl as well.

I used to tease my cousins growing up and tell them that I was going to be the only one to have a boy. Actually, I think I had the whole family convinced. But, by the time I did get pregnant I really only wanted a girl. I mean, after that many girls, who even knows what to do with a boy? And who wants to be the one to mess up the girls streak for the family?

I am so excited for #19. And, I'm taking bets for how long our family can keep this going.

No comments: