Proceed with Caution

If I had to sum up my pregnancy thus far in one word it would most definitely be moody.

The first few months I cried a lot. I have always hated crying and I could not understand why I was crying all the time when I genuinely was excited to be pregnant. I was so happy to have a baby and yet the tears kept flowing. Then came the grouchy phase. One minute I would be happy and going about my day and the next minute I would be more angry than ever about something very random. Sometimes I would know as it was happening that it was crazy but other times it seemed completely justified to be screaming at people.

I talk with my friend Audrey at the gym, who is also pregnant, about the mood swings (thank goodness I'm not alone) and we say how sorry we feel for our husbands. They never know who are they are going to get when they see us next. But the truth of the matter is that although Dave has had to deal with the brunt of my irrational behavior, he isn't the only one. Others that I love who have had to deal with my grouchiness include: my grandma (who is mean to their poor grandma?), my mother in law, Josh, my coworkers, Sara, my parents, the list goes on and on.

For a few weeks there I wanted to include some sort of disclaimer in my emails that said: Warning - I am pregnant, grouchy and irrational, if this email has upset you I apologize. One day when I was actually feeling pretty good, I got flipped off by three people on the way to the mall. I guess that even my driving is angry and upsetting other people.

As I said in another post, I have been feeling very stable, happy and calm for about the past three weeks, we will see if it lasts. That being said, according to my mother, the post about not caring what anyone thinks was really rude and mean. I didn't mean for it to be! So please proceed with caution and try not to take my mood swings too seriously. I truly am sorry if I upset you. Let's all hope that the brighter days are here to stay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's ok that you are mean to me. It just makes me feel better about how mean I will be when I adopt an adult and feel grouchy about that. Also, I love you very much.