I Don't Care What You Would Do

I've never liked surprises. When I was a kid I used to unwrap my presents under the Christmas tree when my parents were gone, check out what I was getting and wrap them back up. And no, I wasn't disappointed on Christmas when I already knew what I was getting. I don't like to be shocked. I don't like surprise parties. I like to know what is going on and what will happen. So I always knew that I would find out if we were expecting a boy or a girl.

What I have realized while being pregnant is that everyone has an opinion about everything. Not only that, but they feel very free to share those opinions with you. I hear the advice gets worse once you have a baby! The "finding out the sex" is the number one topic I get comments about lately and everyone wants to tell you what they personally would do if they had the choice to find out.

I'm not placing blame because I too was one of those people. My poor coworkers Jennifer and Tami did not choose to find out the sex of their babies and believe me, I told them how frustrated I was and how they did not make the right decision. What I realize now is that expectant parents will ask if they want your advice. If you feel strongly, then have your own baby and decide for yourself - otherwise, it doesn't really matter what you would do.

Oh and one more thing...we have decided on a name and we tell people that too! We are planning to name our little girl Samantha Lee. Shocking I know! I bet you wouldn't tell people if you were going to have a baby!

3 comments:

Jstwilson said...

Hilarious - you go, girl! I know my quest for a surprise drove you crazy. I totally respect your opposite approach and it makes gift giving a heck of a lot easier!

Unknown said...

Sammy Lee...I love it!

-Mwe

GrandmaG said...

Carly and Dave, You will be getting lots of advice. Everyone & I mean everyone will be telling you what to do. You listen--be so sweet--then Grandma's advice--"LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER" XXOO