Baby Yoga

I figure it is some sort of requirement that if you are pregnant in Boulder you must take a prenatal yoga class. Other mandates of living in Boulder require that once you have kids, they all must wear Crocs, travel in fancy jogging strollers to Moe's Bagel every weekend and breastfeed until they are about 4.

I love Boulder but I am not really a typical Boulderite and I admit to making fun of all the hippies, liberals and vegetarians in this town. However, I did give in to the prenatal yoga class and am taking a weekly class until the end of the month. At first I was pretty bored, and I have to try hard not to giggle as we put a hand on our bellies and send gratitude to our womb, but I have to admit all this stretching and meditating does help relax me. As I start my third and final trimester I am feeling really happy, excited and at peace with the pregnancy.

Maybe I will do a really Boulder thing and sign up for a Mom and Baby yoga after Samantha arrives. Namaste...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA! I love this post. You are a riot. Are you SURE you don't want to have your baby at home without any meds?
-Anita