Rude People

This week I am in New York City for my last work trip until after the baby arrives. I figure this is a sort of "Carlymoon" and a great time to enjoy the city - the weather is absolutely beautiful here this week. I have had way too much fun coming to NYC over the past few years and going out with coworkers, I can't help wonder when I'll be back again. Work trips will most likely be a little more complicated once Samantha is here.

My rant for today doesn't have much to do with pregnancy but rather traveling. During the past three years I would say I have made roughly one trip per month for work. I don't mind traveling for work, like I said, I have especially enjoyed my trips to NYC over the years. I am a big fan of Frontier and almost always fly with them. Traveling while pregnant is not so bad either, I am feeling pretty good these days and I still go to the gym so schlepping my bags is not difficult.

But, I was reminded yesterday how much I despise rude people. When I got to my terminal, I was looking for a seat and I spotted one across from a woman sitting on the end. As I tried to get to it, she pushed her suitcase down in the aisle in front of me so I couldn't get through. I had to pick up my luggage and try to step over her suitcase to get to a seat. Of course this same woman happened to be sitting in the seat next to me for my flight. She demanded her drink before the flight attendant had gotten to us and then snapped at the woman because there was no meal on the flight.

I recently read that scientists have found that during the act of receiving something in kindness there is an increase of serotonin in the brain. The same goes for the person who is performing the act of kindness, it is truly a natural anti-depressant. I know, this is really my Boulder side showing, but come on, it really does help you and others around you to be a better and more kind person - so be nice! And, next time, help a pregnant lady get her bag down the aisle!

No comments: