The Nursery Comes to Life


Most of you know that I am a planner. I always tease Dave about his Excel spreadsheets and budgets but the truth is, I have also become a fan of having things in order. That's why it has been a little strange that I just wasn't in a rush to get a nursery ready. Last month, even my doctor told us it was time to start looking at cribs and ordering items that take awhile to ship.

We made our first trip to Babies R Us a few weeks ago and were overwhelmed by the crowds and the large selection of cribs, changing tables, chairs, dressers, etc. - we probably should NOT have gone on a Saturday afternoon. I will also admit that I was upset by how tall the cribs were! There were only a few that I could reach into comfortably and I was unhappy with Dave's suggestion that we build a step stool for me to get our baby out of the crib.

We finally chose a *shorter* crib and changing table online from Target and Dave did a fantastic job assembling it all this weekend. I am very happy with our selections. We still need to paint the room and get all the decorations and bedding but it looks like a baby's room in there now! I do a lot of stopping and staring every time I pass the room. It is definitely starting to feel real...

2 comments:

mbrantz said...

that is a fine looking shirt dave is wearing.

GrandmaG said...

I chuckled when I read Molly's comment. I expected her to say something about the nursery. That is a fine looking shirt on the handsome Daddy-to-be. By the way, what does the TB on the shirt stand for. This Grandma is not up on things. Love you, Grandma