Comments NOT to Make to a Pregnant Woman

Guess what? I have a mirror at home and I can see how big I am getting. In fact, I bet most pregnant women also have a mirror at home and are monitoring their growth. Luckily I have gotten used to the fact that people say whatever comes to mind when they see me. I don't take it personally anymore and I'm really starting to find the amusement in the comments I get. I have noted some of the most memorable comments I have heard in the past few weeks.
  1. Are you SURE you are not having twins? I mean, how many ultrasounds have you really had? Is the doctor positive there isn't another baby hiding in there?
  2. How big is your husband? He must be a huge guy. No, really how tall is he?
  3. TWO MORE MONTHS left?!! You look like you are due any minute!
  4. This must be hard on you since you can't have fun at all if you are pregnant.
  5. How do you get up now? Do you need help getting out of bed in the morning?
Please try to avoid these with other pregnant women who are not at a forgiving phase of their pregnancy.

2 comments:

GrandmaG said...

Carly, there will always be rude
and irregular people in your life. But it hurts my feelings for people to be so insensitive to you. I wish your GG was here, she would have a "come back" for you. Your mother is quick witted like GG. Ask her what to say. I bet she could put them in their place. I'm
counting down the days until I see
you. Hugs, Grandma
P.S. I thought of something to say in regards to how big your husband is. Say, "Yes, my husband is a stud and he's so proud of my size" :)

mbrantz said...

wow ... kind of a mean post ... is it because of all the hormones since you are pregnant?