The Gig is Up

By now you have probably got me figured out. I say that I am not a typical Boulderite but then I attend classes like "Your Dog and Your Baby" and Prenatal Yoga. In fact, I loved Angie's mishap about a Yoga Dog and Yoga Baby class, this way I could incorporate the new baby, Javier the pug and yoga!

Another very Boulder thing I have done through my pregnancy is work out. Before getting pregnant I went twice a week to a boot camp class at the gym called Fit Quest. This class really got me into shape. There is a lot of running, sprinting, relays, weight lifting and overall torture techniques used in the class but I love it. I have continued doing this class twice a week through my pregnancy although I just went down to once a week after my doctor told me that running is no longer a good idea with the pelvic pain I am having.

In addition to yoga and boot camp, this week I added a prenatal swim class to my schedule. It was a little harder than I was expecting, it definitely got my heart rate up which was great. I can't tell you how wonderful it felt to be so light in the water! The exercises were tough but also very gentle on my muscles. The only bad part of the class was stepping out of the pool and back into reality of how heavy I am feeling these days. This class is a keeper.

Oh - if you are in town this weekend I bet you can spot me browsing art and having my tarot cards read at the Boulder Creek Festival. I admit it, I am Boulder all the way but I plan to break Boulder tradition when I get my epidural!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is true. Carly is a working-moderate-income-socially-conscience-Boulder-hippie.

Sing it with her now: "When she grows up, she wants to work at Alfalfa’s... Where the cheese is dairy free. A birkenstocks, spandex, necktie, patchouli grocery store."

Jstwilson said...

Just don't tell the other Boulder mama's that you're birthing at a HOSPITAL and with an epidural! =)