Not Yet Sammy

After a big weekend, we had a little bit of a scare yesterday. First let's talk about the fun weekend. We had all sorts of wonderful visitors this weekend. My best friend Ryan and her daughter came in along with my Aunt Gina, cousin Margrethe and Grandma for my baby shower. Also, Dave's best friend Mike Hay was also in town for Memorial Day.

We were so busy with the Boulder Creek festival, visits to Pearl Street, BBQs, a fantastic baby shower and the Boulder Bolder race. We were on the go all weekend long. It was very special to have my favorite people in town. On Memorial Day during the Bolder Boulder, my mom kept pointing out that my stomach kept tightening. I was having Braxton Hicks contractions throughout the afternoon about every 15 minutes. Another new thing was that my feet exploded. They have been slightly swollen for a month or so but this was different.

Tuesday morning I went to an event for my company in Denver and I called my doctor's office while I was there and left a message saying that I felt fine but I was having some contractions and my feet were enormous. By the time I left Denver they had called saying that I should come in for a quick check in. I went in, they were pretty concerned about the contractions and sent me to Labor and Delivery at the hospital. I had a quick meltdown on my way over there. I had just been there in my childbirth tour but I wasn't ready for this.

Long story short, I got my own delivery room, got hooked up to the monitors, got blood work done and rested there for a few hours. I was indeed having early contractions which they didn't like and that's why they kept me for so long. But the baby's heart rate was steady and she was active (as always!). They finally let me go with strict orders to stay off my feet, rest and slow way down. Although Samantha has an extensive wardrobe after the baby shower this weekend, we are not ready to have her here yet so I'm finally going to start taking it easy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ay yai yai!! So scary, CJ! I can't believe this was happening while I just tooted around my day! Glad Sam decided to chill out and bide her time. I love you.

Anonymous said...

The contractions on Monday were a lot more often than every 15 minutes - more like every 2 or 3 minutes. I suggested that she stop or at least change tops so I couldn't see.