Prep Day

Saturday was a great prep day for the baby. First, my in laws and Dave painted the nursery green. They did a wonderful job and the color turned out great. While they painted, I went to lunch with April, a friend from book club, who brought her 8 week baby girl Audrey. It was fun to hear all about April's experiences so far and Audrey was absolutely adorable, I think I could have stared at her for the entire day.

For dinner, we met up with some friends Dave knows from law school who are also expecting their first baby soon. You know how I keep asking "how am I possibly going to get bigger than I already am?" Well, Julia who is due any day now answered that question. Now I have a pretty good idea of what I will look like in two months. It was fun to meet a couple going through the same things as us.

We finished up the evening by painting 3 big pink circles above the crib. I have wanted to do this in the nursery for a long time but wasn't sure we could pull it off. Dave did the circles perfectly and we hung a letter in each circle so that it reads SAM. It looks exactly the way I was hoping - I love it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable Carlo!! I love the pink and green!

April said...

I had a great time at lunch! Your nursery turned out so great...I really love the pink circles.

Jess said...

OMG - I have goosebumps!! This is sooo exciting!! And you are looking preggers!! Love it and you!