Pure Joy

I can't describe how much joy this baby has brought to my life.  During and after my pregnancy with Carina, I went to see a massage therapist who was the quintessential Boulder, hippie, out-there, spiritual guru.  For the most part she was way too bizarre for my taste but she helped all my aches and pains of pregnancy fade away so I put up with her crazy theories and rants in exchange for fabulous massages.  One of the things she continuously told me was to listen to what the baby wanted me to learn.  To tune in to the message she was delivering with her presence. 

This seems to be a particularly rough year for a lot of the people I love.  Man, lately I feel like people can't catch a break, it is just one thing after another.  My poor friend Sara has two broken arms after just recovering from a broken knee....My friend Deirdre is on bed rest after her husband lost vision in his eye in a freak accident....I have a friend who can't get pregnant, family turmoil and fighting, people going through horrible break ups, lost jobs, car accidents, the list goes on and on. 

This baby though is incredible, it is hard not to find comfort in her smiles.  She melts the hearts of everyone she meets. Her message is clear, all is well with the world.  And, as hokie as it sounds, I felt that from her from the moment I was first pregnant.  She truly has brought a calmness to my life and a sense of peace that I was not expecting.   I know when I see those big blue eyes that everything is going to be just fine.  You can see some of the latest photos of her big grin here.

1 comment:

Great Ma said...

Carly, let me say again how well you express yourself. I am so happy that Carina brings such joy to all your family. I delight in seeing her on blog and facebook. Can't wait to see her. And Sammy too-she is a delight. Love you much, Grandma G.