Super Dad

I just got back from my first work trip. I was only gone for 36 hours but I was nervous to leave both girls and especially to be away from Carina for the first overnight.  Actually, to be honest, I was nervous for about 15 minutes until I realized I was going to sleep through a full night for the first time in months.  The trip also coincided with Dave's first few days of work. 

I of course woke up in the night even on my night away and I missed Dave, Samantha and Carina terribly but we all survived. The trip was successful for me professionally and I got some quality time bonding with new coworkers.  Just as I expected, Dave was Super Dad.   He managed bed time with both girls for two nights and middle of the night feedings.  And, aside from finding Carina's outfit on backwards when I got a good look at her this morning, the girls seemed unphased by my absence. 

No comments: